Friday, August 27, 2010

This Week

we payed off Eric's student loan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, from his Master's Degree. This is the last of our debt that has to do with school and premarriage. We have made a lot of sacrifices to get rid of debt associated with that Masters Degree. Now onto Eric's truck and the mortgage...

I have had to tell myself over and over that
"squirrels don't have a lot of nuts because they make them, it is because they save them"

Fist pump, yes please.


Yesterday I bought these 2 melamine plates at Tuesday Morning. If you are a fabric enthusiast you will understand why I had to buy them.
Heather Bailey's Freshcut fabric + melamine plates = almost as good as a chocolate cupcake with PB icing. This was the first designer fabric I bought way back in 2006 after we had remodeled our first kitchen. I made cloth napkins to match our yellowish cream walls and green cabinets. We still use those napkins every single day and the fabric is just as great as it was 4 years ago.


One of my favorite things to do is to go to a thrift store during lunch. I am not the best treasure hunter sorter so I am usually in and out within 20 minutes. I do this about 3 times a week. Sometimes it is a gold mine, other times nothing.

Someone's trash, my treasures for the week are a 99 cents sun mirror frame without the mirror, 2 bags of doilies for $1.21 each for winter project doily table runner, a $1 brass candle holder that will be painted for a coaster for Eric's nightstand, and a .75 cent book called "Dutch" about Ronald Reagan. Who knew his nickname was Dutch :)

I am a really cheap person with clothes. I hate to spend over $20 on something and that is usually at Gap on a pair of pants on super clearance.

Most all of my clothes come from the thrift store. I am very fortunate to live in a college town where there is a high turnover rate for cute clothes and girls my size. That sentence sounds funny and as a matter of fact the turnover rate on cute girls in a college town is quite high as well I am sure haha! I need to do a fashion show on here with all of my finds, you would be amazed.

This week I bought this shirt dress with tags for $3, usually more than I will spend at the thrift store. I told you I am cheap, I like to wait for 1/2 price or $1 days. Eric wears the old style camo to hunt in and these pants were brand new as well. They were $5 but I have learned not to wait on the camo stuff, it goes fast. And brand new, can't beat that.

This week I also read this quote on a blog I love to read,
"Comparison is the thief of joy."

So true!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

LOVE that shirt dress! I frequent the thrift store at lunch too. Only the part of town I work in is snobby so it still seems expensive to me!

Yay for paying off student loans! Movin' on up ;)

Rachel said...

Congrats on paying off that debt! I know what a big accomplishment that is, and I can't wait for us to be there one day!

Love all of your finds! I'd love to go thrift store shopping with you one day. :o)

Ben and Emily said...

Congratulations for paying off his student loan! So exciting!!

Love your squirrel quote too! I'll keep that in mind when I'm tempted to spend rather than save!

Natalie said...

A girl after my own heart...thrifting is the best. And a HUGE fist pump on paying off the loan.

paula said...

yeah doing cart wheels for you! Love the top.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011