Monday, August 16, 2010

Stuffed Baked Peaches

I made this quick dessert over the weekend. The stuffed peaches were a great treat, and they don't have too many ingredients so you may have everything on hand. Plus they aren't bad for you as desserts go, fruit without being covered too much in sugar. Good enough in my book.









2 peaches, washed and cut in half lengthwise, pits removed

⅓ cup quick cooking oats
2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp white sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine the oats, sugars, cinnamon. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
Cut peaches in half and remove pit.
(I had to make a larger hole that the pit left to fit more stuffing in my peach.)



Fill the cavity that used to hold the pit with the oat mixture. Press down lightly.

Place each peach half skin side down in a baking dish. Bake until the stuffing is crisp on top and the peach is tender, about 15-20 minutes.

Serve with a big scoop of good ol vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

YUM! Except I'm not a peach fan. The fuzz hurts my teeth. I'll have to try with nectarines!

Red Gate Farm said...

I'm not a peach fan either... but I would try this with apples. We're swamped with Transparent apples right now.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011