Monday, August 9, 2010

Backdoor Glass Done

We have lived in our house for over a year, during that time we have made about 64 to do lists. Everyone of them has had change back door plexi glass. And all 64 have not had that task marked off until this past weekend!

This is how our door has looked for over a year. The bottom pane of glass is actually plexi glass, it had a Jagermeister sticker that wouldn't come off, tons of scratches, and a hole that I had covered with tape to keep the air in/out. It was realllllly ugly and every time my nephew was at our house he would tell us how bad it looked. haha


So Saturday Eric took the molding off around the plexiglass


And I kicked it out!!



After Eric took measurements we went to Lowe's and bought our brand new scratch, hole, and sticker free glass. He put it in and I started to peel some paint off the door that was chipping. Well that turned into this...





The door had to totally be repainted. I really want a green front door but we are sticking with black in the front for now. But now all of my back doors are painted green! I love it!


The glass is so clean and I love my green doors!!

The door color is Glidden Spanish Olive. Last year Glidden was giving out free paint so this was one of the colors I chose!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love green doors! This looks fantastic! :o)

Pine Tree Home said...

How amazingly beautiful does that look. Totally brand new. I bet you are smiling.

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Love the green! Awesome redo

Red Gate Farm said...

Love the new color! I know how the list thing goes... we've lived in our old house for 5 1/2 years and there are still things we haven't "gotten to". I'm embarrassed to admit this, but we actually lived here for 2 MONTHS with DUCT TAPE on the toilet seat! Unbelievable.

ashley said...

I LOVE that green! So pretty! I need you to come decorate my house!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011