Friday, July 30, 2010

This week on the internet,

I really like the look of zinc furniture, but it is pretty pricey. I would love to have a zinc table top - maybe one day


Restoration Hardware

I am finishing up some nightstands and I would have loved to do this zinc finish on them. But alas they are stained. But it is always easier to paint over stained furniture than having to strip paint to stain... hmm...


I've always wanted a pewterish finish on a baby crib, if I ever need a crib now I have a way to get a great finish.


photos from Freckled Laundry


Complete with the little nails!


I also saw this cute rug recently on Garnet Hill. Wish it had more colors but you could easily make something like it out of canvas.




And that is all I've got...

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Love that nightstand!

Nikki said...

I've never even seen zinc furniture but it is beautiful! Thanks for the intro!

alanna rose said...

that little rug is adorbs!

Red Gate Farm said...

This finish is amazing. I have just the piece I'd like to try it on!

paula said...

thinking I want to try this!

freckled laundry said...

Um. Yeah. So you're cool. Thank you so much for posting about my little faux zinc nightstand! A crib in that finish would be b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. I just had twins, why didn't I think of that?

Thanks again,
Jami

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011