Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Staining Adirondack Chairs

Eric designed our little side yard where we could have a seating area as well as some beautiful plants. For the seating we bought some Adirondack chairs on sale at Home Depot that fit the space perfectly. They came unfinished so over the weekend I finished staining them.




The first chair I stained I used a paint brush to apply the stain. It took forever and was messy with drips. We had company and other things going on so I didn't get around to staining the other ones until this past weekend in the heat index of 113 degrees. I was really dreading staining the other chairs because the first one took so long until I started using a paint edger to apply the stain instead of a paint brush.


It was a life saver. I finished 2 chairs in the time it took me to do the one with a brush. Plus there were no drips and I didn't have much excess stain to wipe off the chairs.


The paint edger I bought was a little different, Shur Line brand but it was made of styrofoam not plastic. For under $3 it was WELL worth it!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM! Today she turns 39 again.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Love those chairs!! I need to get me one of those handy tools. :o)

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday to your Mama! I love adirondacks...I hate painting. I've used those edgers to paint an entire wall before ;O)

Hannah Dixon said...

The chairs look great! I can't wait to come over for some smores!!

Mrs. D said...

Your chair looks awesome! Great tip with the paint edger- I never would've thought to try it.

Jo said...

Your awesome. Love the chairs! :)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011