Monday, June 7, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Once my bananas start to get their first spot, they are too old for me. And once they get to this stage they are useless in my book. Unless you make banana bread!



I've held onto this recipe for years so I'm not sure where it came from. This recipe is dairy FREE!! - perfect for Eric.

Ingredients
2 c. overripe bananas, mashed - about 4 bananas
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips or nuts



Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon. Add beaten eggs and mix them in.

Add vanilla, baking soda, and salt.

Add mashed bananas and flour and mix everything well. There may be a few lumps of banana if you don't like that then use a mixer. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pour mixture into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Start checking around 60 minutes for doneness. (the inside of my bread would never cook and the edges were pretty brown so I turned my oven down to 325 after about 70 minutes to cook the inside.)

Even without milk or buttermilk this bread turned out super moist. And I don't like the texture change of nuts in so I used chocolate chips, much better.


my breakfast!

5 comments:

Head Neatherer said...

This sounds really good! I might have to try it - thanks for sharing! :)

Nikki said...

Seriously yum! Extra points for non dairy and the chocolate chips. My Husband always wants me to put chocolate chips in it.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so good...and I have bananas at home! Yay!

Natalie said...

i WILL be making this soon. i always have left over bananas and i love any excuse to throw chocolate chips in something... :)

Bek* said...

v- you are a lifesaver! i threw a whole bunch of bananas in the freezer last week til i could look up a banana bread recipe and i still haven't gotten around to it. i am so making this this week! thanks!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011