Monday, June 28, 2010

Beach Trip 2010

Well I'm back and I wish I wasn't because I've been on vactation in Panama City Beach, FL and it was wonderful!!

So it started out like this.........
Eric's brother, sister in law, and niece were also at PCB so we met them and my family for some putt putt golf when we got into town Thursday night at 10. My nephew and Eric's niece are just a few weeks apart and are good little buddies (they live in the same town), but this was their first date.


Baron was pretty serious about playing all the holes, he was still going strong when we finished up around midnight.


The next morning we woke up to this

I sent this photo into the news to show how good the beach looks and they had it on but didn't tell me they were going to show it. But since our last name is unique and there aren't too many Vanessas around we've had a lot of people tell us they saw it!

I've never seen the beach so beautiful. The water was crystal clear and no algae or seaweed. The sand was extra white and the waves were perfect. The water was really warm at 86 degrees. Some may think 86 degree water is too hot, but perfect for me!
We spent lots of time out at the beach. As bad as the oil spill is, it did make us appreciate each second we could spend in the ocean.


People look at that water!


Baron carried his shark around all the time and asked me over and over if I had met "his brand new friend, Herman"

Angie, Joe & Brooks flying his shark kite
Me, Eric, my Dad and Baron watching




I love the ocean and spent many hours playing in the waves. I love to ride the waves in and wash up on shore like a crazy 28 year old lady.

Since it was our anniversary weekend.........
Eric and I had taken off of work Friday planning on going somewhere quick for our anniversary but we decided to invite everyone and make it a family trip to the beach, how romantic. But great decision!








We have always eaten at The Treasure Ship but it burned in April boo! But we did make it to Pineapple Willys.



Angie (newlywed), me, Hollie (2 kids)


Brooks talked all weekend about onion rings on a stick. And he even gave money for the tip. It was so sweet - he took out his wallet and put his $1 with the rest of the money, all on his own!

And Sunday morning we squeezed in a few pictures then packed up and headed home.
How perfect was this chair just sitting on the beach!


How sad is that girl floating in the ocean at 8 in the morning. I had a good excuse, it was right before checkout and I had to catch a few more waves.


We didn't see any tar balls (Eric wanted one as a souvenir) but these GI Joes, as Brooks calls them, rode up and down the beach all day looking for oil.


And they found none. Nope not even one tar ball. So the moral of the story is if you are planning a trip to the Florida or Alabama coast come! Or even if you aren't planning a trip, plan one now. There were a lot more people at PCB than I had expected. But since the media won't stop showing scary oil pictures we were able to get a great rate last minute at one of the nicest condos we have stayed in at one of the most beautiful beaches ever. If you want the info let me know and I'll gladly give it out!

6 comments:

The Cosby's said...

Love the pics!! That one of the beach and ocean was amazing! E-mail me where you stayed. We are thinking about a last minute trip this coming weekend. Thanks!!

Ben and Emily said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time!

Happy anniversary!

Nikki said...

Great photos! Love those little blonde sun tanned babies. And the one of you two kissing is amazing! Happy Anniversary!

Rachel said...

I'm glad y'all had a great time! :o)

Bek* said...

v- you're hair is so beautiful and so long. also, i love that blue dress! where did you get it?

beki said...

it looks like y'all had a wonderful time!!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011