Friday, June 4, 2010

Angie's Lemonade

It is summer so what better than some fresh squeezed lemonade.
My sister makes the best lemonade, she even made some for my wedding. It was all puppy dogs and rainbows until my brother in law dropped the glass jar that contained all the lemonade and all of that precious time squeezing lemons was gone.


So get out your juicers and lets do summer right.

Angie's Lemonade
Ingredients

1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice - about 8 lemons
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup boiling water
5 cups cold water

Lemon slices to make your drink look extra cute

Preparation
Stir together sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water until sugar dissolves.
Stir in lemon juice and 5 cups cold water.

Chill 8 hours, I like to make mine the day before.
Makes 8 servings or 1/2 a gallon.

And that is it. So easy! And I was all set to use my pretty little hand juicer, but I gave up and bought an electric juicer. Lifesaver!

I made some extra lemonade for my birthday lunch and have been enjoying it out in the new area of yard that Eric just finished. He gave me Laura Bush's new book and I sat outside until dark last night reading my book and drank 3 glasses of lemonade out of my Shrek cup probably getting cadmium poisoning. But at least the lemonade was good.


Eric bought me this little lemon tree so hopefully one day I can use my own lemons to make lemonade. See my blueberry bush beside it and we have blackberry bushes too!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I wish a lemon tree would survive in my yard. I love lemonade...especially vodka lemonades ;)

once those blackberries come in...make this!

http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/04/lime-yogurt-cake-with-blackberry-sauce/

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Love lemonade! gotta try yours!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011