Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Sophie

As I mentioned last week I was busy trying to wrap up a sewing project. Well I actually finished it!


Once again I used the Sophie pattern. I have made the bubble and the pants several times so last week I made the top and pants for my niece.



A few weekends ago I went to Sweet Treasures and they had just about every Amy Butler Love fabric. It was like fabric heaven in there. I was able to restrain myself and only came home with these two fabrics!



I think it turned out really cute! I tried to do my smocking in the coral color then the green and neither really showed up so I used the purple color that outlined the paisley design and I think it turned out great.

I am the worlds laziest smocker so I just kept it simple and didn't smock the back. But the back was still pleated and when the bias neck band was sewn on it stayed gathered. Make sense?



If you are looking for a quick cute and easy summer pattern to try may I put my vote in for Maja's Heirlooms Sophie pattern. I think it would qualify as an advanced beginner pattern. The updated version of this pattern has some cute bloomers I would love to try. I would also like to make the top longer for a dress option and the pants shorter for a capri option.

If anyone is local Kids Kloset is doing a class with Maja herself on the Sophie Bubble. I'm not sure of the date. Even though I've made the bubble I am still thinking about taking the class because I never follow a pattern the way I should. I usually just make it up as I go. Anyone else want to sign up for the class?

10 comments:

Natalie said...

love it! you know i would come with you if i was "local" :)

Nikki said...

Very cute! That pleating looks like a job and a half though. I love Amy Butler fabric too.

Rachel said...

Adorable! You should sell those in your etsy shop. :o)

mimi said...

super cute! you can sew girl!I am jealous! pillows and baby blankets are about all I can manage!

Hannah Dixon said...

I think the purple looks great! Good choice!

Amy said...

Very cute!

Ben and Emily said...

Love it!

Gina said...

I've been following your posts for a bit ... :O) Today I referenced your butcher-block counter top in the kitchen ... you can check it out at
http://ginamillerdesigns.blogspot.com/

hope you enjoy it :O) Gina

The Williamson Family said...

This is precious! I think you should just whip one up for Julia in your spare time. I'm sure Shelly and I could coordinate a time for Chloe Beth and Julia to wear them to one of our many baseball games.

Katie G said...

Love it!!! Lydia Kay would like to place her order/request!! He he

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011