Monday, April 5, 2010

Jambalaya

I haven't posted a recipe in a really long time. Not sure why, we usually try something new every week. I guess the main reason is it was dark when I cooked and food pictures don't look so appetizing with a flash. Not that my pictures look appetizing anyway and I'm not smart enough to figure out my camera.
So this is one of our new favorites. Eric isn't a fan of shrimp unless it is fried so I just use sausage for this version.

JAMBALAYA - the really easy way
2 cups of cooked rice
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning ( I use Tony Chachere )
8 oz tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 diced onion
1 diced green pepper
1 lb of smoked sausage ( I used turkey sausage, don't tell my husband )

WHAT TO DO:

*Chop up the onion and bell pepper.
(nope I don't cut on my butcher block countertops)







* Cook in the hot pan of olive oil until tender.

*Meanwhile cut up the sausage. I usually like mine a little thinner rather than thicker.

(So this is the part where my sister called me so I stopped taking pictures. But good news we have a dress to wear in my other sister's wedding...in a few days. Close one.)


*Once the onion & pepper are tender, add the sausage, tomato sauce, and seasonings.
*Cook until bubbly 5 minutes.
*Add the cooked rice then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes




And then you have this!




Cook some Jiffy sweet corn bread and your husband will love you forever!


( I didn't have any this time but I think I am still safe)


1 comment:

Mrs. D said...

That looks AMAAAAZING! Definitely going to try it.

PS- Tagged you over at my blog!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011