Monday, April 26, 2010

Blueberry Breakfast Rolls

The Sunday after my sister was married I hosted all of our family at my house for an after wedding/farewell/thanks for driving down/yes you can come look at my house breakfast.

I made several tasty things but the one that most commented on was the Blueberry Breakfast Rolls. I've had a recipe for blueberry cinnamon rolls sitting in my recipe file for several years and this was the perfect time to try them out.

Blueberry Breakfast Rolls
*1 12.4 oz package (8) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing

*1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and well drained

*1/3 cup of blueberry preserves

*1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel

*1/4 cup chopped pecans (didn't use these)

1. Cut each cinnamon roll in half crosswise. Press each roll half in the bottom of a 2 1/2" lightly greased muffin cup. Press so it comes about 1/2" up on the sides. (my muffin pan only had 12 cups so I used some of my halves together and it works fine, I may prefer it this way. If you do this use one whole cinnamon roll but make sure you flatten it out and press it up the sides of the cup)



2. In a small bowl stir together blueberries, preserves and lemon peel.

Spoon filling onto the cinnamon roll. Sprinkle with pecans

3. Bake in a 375 oven about 12 minutes or until golden.

4. Drizzle icing over rolls while warm. I warm up my icing to melt it but you can also add a little milk to make it drizzling consistency.



These are really yummy and a quick and easy way to dress up canned cinnamon rolls.


Not sure where this recipe is originally from, no source on card.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

YUM! I will definitely try that. Marrying two of my favorite things only makes it better!

Natalie said...

um YUM i will definitely be trying this!!!

Jennifer said...

holy moly that sounds delicious!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011