Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sips N Strokes

Last weekend my sister had 2 wedding parties so my mom and other sister came into town for the events. Saturday night we went to Sips N Strokes to paint our own Van Gogh's Blossoming Almond Tree.




It was fun seeing how different everyone's looked.



This was after the branches went on.




It was almost 11 pm here, we all just look awesome and refreshed and not like we are about to pass out any minute after an action packed day.
All of us with our finished paintings. They are all so different! If you separated them ask asked which one went with what person I could tell you who's was who's just because they reflect us.

I was really frustrated because I thought I took forever shading, but now that it is dry you can barely tell I shaded it at all! Plus a Van Gogh it is not. I am sure he didn't paint his in a couple of hours and I'm no Van Gogh.



Anyway it was a really fun time had by all and something different. I'm sure I'll be back.

3 comments:

bethanypaige2 said...

i used to go occasionally in bham and would laugh and laugh -- me and mom went once as well. i think sips and strokes is a fun different thing to do and it is so fun to see how different everyones "same" painting turns out. glad ya'll had fun!

Hannah Dixon said...

you ladies are all so talented!!

Bek* said...

v, this is just for you:
http://rebekahberg.blogspot.com/2010/04/now-for-vanessa.html

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011