Monday, March 1, 2010

NCM

March is National Craft Month. Oh yeah lets get our craft on.
Here's what I have planned for the month
Target had some of their long sleeved t's on clearance for $2.24 over the weekend. I bought 2 with this in mind.


J Crew tshirt knockoffs. But I am thinking about trying to make one into a cardigan! Adventures in Dressmaking has some great tutorials for shirt makeovers

I am also going to make some euro shams out of this fabric for my bedroom.

While I love having an extra reason to get my craft on just like the next person, I have other things to do this month. I have a big Paisley Jane wholesale order that will occupy most of my time. So hopefully someone will make some crafty things and tell me how they turn out.

Here are some crafts I am loving
I always get asked about my camera strap I made.
Crap I've Made has a tutorial for a camera strap. It is much nicer than mine.



Karli at Rocky Bella is always up to something and I love the memo board she just made out of an old frame. Hobby Lobby has a lot of open back frames 80% off right now, I may have to scoop one up. She also made the adorable paper wreath in the photo.

I wonder if you could make one of these with really strong magnets to hang on the fridge to corral all of your random fridge stuff. Also look at Karli's blog, it is so inspiring with all of the furniture make overs!


If you are feeling reallllly crafty make this island from
Knock Off Wood

Hobo Sack from Made

now go forth and craft!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

love it! i have that fabric in gray...waiting to do something with it :)

bethanypaige2 said...

i just discovered "knock off wood" recently and am eyeing one of the farmhouse kitchen tables...

paula said...

craft month? well I better get busy. Wish we lived closer and we could tackle the jcrew tee together. Oh, and I used that fabric for my laundry room, love it.

Karli @ RockyBella said...

Thanks!! You didn't mention that YOUR KTICHEN is on that memo board as my inspiration, you humble little thing you. =)
The fridge idea is good, I wonder if they make magnets that strong...? If you have any Before & Afters (of anything) email them to me so I can feature them on my blog!

Jamie Burnett Photography said...

Love your camera strap! You are SO creative! :)

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011