Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bathroom Dilema

For the past year I've been getting ready in a bathroom that has one light bulb. One light bulb people. So if you ever see me and my makeup is 10 shades the wrong way, well that is why. I have been wanting to get a new fixture for the past year, but haven't really found anything I love. The ceilings are about 11' tall so I wanted something to hang down since I have the space.

I bought this light fixture for $4.99 last week.
More than one light - check
Hang down light - check
No old wires per Eric - check
Works - check
Under $10 - check
While I really love the color, you just can't get that vintage charm with a fresh coat of spray paint, I'm not sure that the yellow will work. The walls are the same color as the brick in the picture. The floors are well we really don't know what. Honestly they look like black soapstone.

The yellow definitely doesn't work with the shower curtain I have now. While I still love that shower curtain it is almost 5 years old, so I don't feel bad about moving on. The bathroom doesn't open up to our bedroom so I don't feel bad about it not matching our room.
So I've been looking at shower curtains and here are a few of the top contenders:
{Eric doesn't use this bathroom because of the bad lighting, so I'm not worried about it being too feminine.}
I could keep the yellow with this one or paint the fixture magenta or teal which would be cool. But I'm not sure if this one is really "me"

Shakira Shower Curtain



I would have to see this one in person to see if it would still work with the yellow (doubtful) but it does feel more "me"


Home Paisley Shower Curtain



I've loved this shower curtain for a long time. But we have a mostly white hall bath so I'm not sure I want to have another white shower curtain.



Rock the Bath not what I'm going for, but I would have loved this as a teenager

Anyone know of a shower curtain that would look good with the yellow light?

6 comments:

Jo said...

This is more YOU!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/184-4940835-2235823?asin=B000HPPIBE&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B000HPPIBE&CPNG=home&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

Jo said...

Although I do like this too:
http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L12517901.jpg

Personally I like the ruffle one, I have been pondering on getting it or making one. :) You would have a white shower curtain, yellow chandi with accessories? That sounds so fun!!!!

Mrs. D said...

I love the first one, or the Target one Jo posted, the best. I'm so jealous of that fixture. So cute!

Natalie said...

ill keep my eyes open but i do love the yellow light!!!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Well, personally, I love that chandy in just that color! I love the Anthropologie one and have for a while. The nice thing about the yellow is that you can put it with some many other colors. Teal, magenta, red and charcoal. You could always make your own curtain too with a fabric you love and add the ruffled goodness onto it.

Nikki said...

I just posted about this shower curtain yesterday, but I think it would look great with your yellow chandalier!

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=16933335&parentid=A_FURN_BATH&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,&navCount=49&navAction=poppushpush&color=&pushId=A_FURN_BATH&popId=APARTMENT_FURNISH&prepushId=&selectedProductSize=

that was a long link, sorry!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011