Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oreo Truffles

Three years ago I found a recipe from kraft for Oreo Truffles, and my life was forever changed. Oreo Truffles are so rich and wonderful combining 2 of my favorite things, Oreos and chocolate.
Eric can't eat them so I usually make a batch, eat a few and send the rest to his employees. They requested I make them Oreo Truffles for one of their "jam sessions" they had this past weekend so my Saturday began in the kitchen....


Here is what you need:

1 package of Oreos

1 80z block of cream cheese

2 8 oz Bakers semi sweet chocolate squares or chocolate chips


*Crush 4 cookies into fine crumbs in a processor or mini chopper, set aside. Crush the remaining cookies in the processor.
The first time I made these I didn't have a processor so I just broke the cookies up, placed

them in a ziploc bag and crushed with a rolling pin.


*Mix the crumbs with the block of cream cheese until all is well blended.





*After the crumbs and cream cheese are mixed, roll the mixture into small balls. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.




*Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. I don't have a double boiler so I made my own - I usually burn chocolate in the microwave. Roll the balls into the melted chocolate. I found that the easiest way to do this is with 2 forks.


*While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle with the set aside crumbs. Make sure to take the blade out of the mini chopper before sticking your hand in to get the crumbs. Ask me how I know.


Refrigerate and enjoy!

The recipe made 36 truffles.


P.S. I also made the Monster Cookies over the weekend. I should have used Christmas M&M's but they turned out great! The recipe made 26 cookies with dough rolled the size of a giant golf ball. Since they were so big, I had to cook them longer than the recipe called for.

3 comments:

Jo said...

YUM!!!!


I couldn't bake if I tried :)

LOL! It's a gift i assume! I haven't blogged in forever. I never want to sit at the computer when i'm home, lol.

bethanypaige2 said...

i love oreo truffles! i have made them many times but always called them oreo balls for lack of a better name. i haven't ever put oreo crumbles on the top though - good idea. i usually would melt some white chocolate and drizzle it over them. looks pretty.

Amy said...

Oreo truffles are my favorite!!! I make them every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011