Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Decorations

Over the weekend I finally got around to spreading some Christmas decorations throughout our house. We didn't put up a real tree this year but I had to at least have some real greenery in the house SOMEWHERE. I used frasier fir, cedar, magnolia & holly clippings to decorate the house. Best part: they were free!

As you can see I put the clippings to good use.


Eric's Nanna bought us this nativity set the year we got engaged. In our old house we didn't have anywhere to display it, so this Christmas it made its debut on top of the china cabinet. I love that it is big and it reminds me of my Nana's nativity set.

On the table I used several of my milk glass pieces filled with different types of greenery.


The runner is actually an antique table cloth. I bought it at Angel's for $2.


On my milk glass cabinet I displayed a Christopher Radko tree and one of my Santa cookie jars. The tree is so pretty at night and reminds me of one my Nana has. I didn't really have anywhere to put our Christmas photo album so I just set it here. Again I used more greenery, the great thing about it is it will last several weeks without water so you can use it anywhere.

In my kitchen I put antique ornaments in the apothecary jars. I usually put old fashioned hard candy in them, but this year I changed it up. Most of these ornaments are mercury glass and I bought them last year at Salvation Army for 5 cents each! I also have several Santa cookie jars in the kitchen, but forgot to take their pic.

Our living room is very simple, more cedar clippings. I usually keep a pewter tray on this table but wanted to use my Christmas tree one. Although I think I may keep the clippings and pewter tray up all winter.

I purchased these Santas on my coffee table at HL several years ago for $2.

That is all for now. Most of our Christmas stuff is still in the attic with our ornaments. But this year I am enjoying the simplicity and the fact there will be less to take down.

My little helper Claire Belle aka Elf Snowball wanted credit as well...

1 comment:

paula said...

It all looks so wonderful. we are going to do the tree this weekend, yippee.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011