Monday, December 21, 2009

Since there isn't too much going on this week we can talk about my wreaths...

Wreaths - love them. As I previously mentioned I didn't plan on making fresh wreaths for all of our front windows. But I HAD to make sure we at least had a live wreath on our front door. You know so every time the door is open the needles shed inside the house.

This is the wreath I made for the door. I just used one of my grapevine wreaths and Christmas tree scraps secured by floral wire. I threw in some fresh magnolia and holly for a little something extra. I wish I had noticed my main magnolia leave is half missing before I wired it on, so make sure you check all of the leaves.




I was going to wait until after Christmas to stock up on artificial wreaths, but these wreaths were at Hobby Lobby for only 4 bucks so I bought enough for the front of the house. I couldn't leave them plain so I added the fresh magnolia and holly to them.



And all of the wreaths on the house.






Maybe next year our shrubs will be large enough to hold some lights and I'll put a real tree in the breezeway windows.

No comments:

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011