Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday!

My niece turned 2 recently so I thought I would show y'all what we made for her gifts. She has so many toys that I thought it would be nice to give her something else. Plus she is a girl, and what girl doesn't like a new outfit.


I bought the "ready to smock" top off of ebay last year. I made the pants from the "Sophie" pattern by Maja Heirlooms. It is a super simple pattern to follow, I didn't mess up once or have any questions and that is saying a lot!

I had the turtle smocking plate from an unfinished project so I thought the dots on his shell would be perfect with the pants fabric. I am not the best picture smocker. For some reason I can't follow the directions and always mess up somewhere. In smocking if you mess up once, it ruins everything. I caught my mistake on the second row and went ahead and finished smocking the turtle even though I pretty much had to make up the pattern. That would explain why he looks like a pyramid instead of a turtle!!


Eric & I didn't want to buy her any toys, but we had to give her something fun, right? So *we made her a tutu. It is made from fuchsia and purple tulle with turquoise as an accent color. With the leftover scraps we made her baby doll one to match (adorable!). She loves to dance, so I think she will get many hours out of that tutu.

Happy Birthday Chloe Beth!
Me, Eric, Chloe Beth the Birthday Girl driving Baron in the Barbie Jeep and Brooks

*we- I don't want to embarrass anyone but when I said *we made the tutu, I wasn't referring to myself. But someone that lives in our house did make the tutu. I told them what to do and they took over. Just want to give credit where credit is due. Hint it wasn't Claire, she doesn't have opposable thumbs!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

omg!! so cute!!

Jo said...

what a doll! :) Chloe Beth is SO cute!

paula said...

they are both adorable!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011