Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Week!

One of my favorite things about any holiday is getting to decorate. When I lived at home we went all out at my parents house. Decorating was a huge deal to me and I was the one in charge. I still have many of my Halloween magazines and still look for ideas.

Now I think I may be a little burned out, that and I donated a lot of my Halloween/Fall decorations to the Jr League Rummage Sale in the spring. What was I thinking, it must have been the combo of packing to move + having to meet a monetary requirement for the league.

So needless to say I need to build up my collection or just go raid my parent's attic.

We made these Southern Living topiaries one year at my parents' house and they were adorable!


Here are some other adorable ideas from Good Housekeeping

I LOVE of pumpkins. If I could afford it I would have tons. All shapes, sizes and colors.


Love the skeleton!

Great tablescape

I love Martha's tissue pom poms and think an orange one added in would be great. Here is a great tutorial to make your own.


Next year we are planning on growing pumpkins and I am fully expecting to make my house look like this......



One fall we grew mini gourds and had a lot of success so hopefully pumpkins will be the same?

One of my favorite websites to check everyday is One Pretty Thing. They are especially great to check out during the holidays. Tons of ideas.
Another great site is Women's Day for Halloween Ideas, they have some adorable carving ideas.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wow! That sure is alot of pumpkins.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011