Friday, September 11, 2009

Sneak Peak: New Living Room Curtains

Last night I finally got around to cutting out and sewing my new living room curtains.
I decided to go with lined curtains - a layer of flannel sandwiched between the main fabric and the back lining. Since I had never made lined curtains, it did require a bit of brain power, and only one tango with the seam ripper.

On the left is the current curtain that we have in the living room and on the right is the new style, (still to be finished)! I will be keeping my old curtains & matching pillows to switch them out when the mood arises.


Hopefully I'll finish the curtains and pillows this weekend and maybe even recover a lampshade! If I can remember I'll take pictures along the way so people like me that are too impatient to make things the right way will have a tutorial.

5 comments:

Arianna Belle said...

Nice! I wish I could make my own curtains!

Jo said...

those look awesome. I want that fabric for my chair that i bought a few weeks ago at a garage sale! this town i live in, doesn't really offer much material, it's sad!!! but i love it, you did an awesome job. my pup is doing well in 8days i have to take her to get her stitches out! she was so very groggy the first day, poor thing. she seems to be doing so much more better though!! hows the weather there? its been raining here for 3days!

Jo said...

I got my awesome duvet in, if i can remember tonight, i will take pictures of it!!!!! KC will make me a DIY headboard soon, *crossing fingers* :)

Megan said...

Oooo...I like that fabric. What is it??

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Vanessa! I love them!!! So happy you were able to get your hands on them.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011