Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One Of My Favorite Things...

Earlier in the summer I was in my favorite antique store when I came across this galvanized bottle holder. I was wanting one of these to put in my kitchen and it was galvanized which was an extra plus. Right now where I want to use it, there is a microwave so until it is gone, the bottle holder is living on the dining room table.

I have had these hydrangeas from my sister's yard in the bottles for well over a month and they are still going strong.
I bought the three glasses that day as well for 50 cents each. I had an extra set of silverware so I just threw it in the glasses for decoration purposes.

I was really excited about finding the three glass bottles, they were only $2 each and in the same booth as the glasses.

I am thinking about putting sunflowers in the bottles for the fall and mini pumpkins in the glasses. In the spring it would be so pretty to have dogwood branches or azalea in the bottles and glasses. When I first brought the holder home I had fern and queen anne lace in the bottles and that was pretty as well.

And look what was waiting for me when I got home yesterday, the candle I won from The Newlywed Diaries. Revival had the candle wrapped and packed so beautifully I didn't want to open it, but my house was glad I did. It smells so good now. There was a ton of the dark brown stringy stuff in the box so I used some of it for my fall decorations.
Love how he wrote my name.....

5 comments:

Jo said...

I love those glass vases or whatever you wanna call them. I think that putting fall color flowers in there and the mini pumpkins would look awesome! What a cool idea. I like the look of it now!


I love buying such things for 50cents, my goodness. You can get the coolest things. I bought a AWESOME old chair for 3dollars a few weeks ago, I am willing to cover! ill let ya know when i do it.

paula said...

LOVE it all. It really does look amazing. Oh, and so happy you won!

Megan said...

That's so fantastic! I love your ideas to Fall and Summerize it. The writing on your note is wonderful. Wish I had that artistic ability.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love the bottle caddy. It's amazing. It looks so great!!!

I totally would have felt sad riping open that gift as well. It looks so pretty.

the southern hostess said...

The bottles and caddy are amazing! Love it.

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011