Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kitchens thru the years

Last month there was an article on MSN.com about kitchens through the years. I decided to choose one kitchen from each era that I liked. All photos are all from House Beautiful.
1950's
This 1950' s kitchen had some pretty aqua cabinets, something I've been seeing a lot of in today's kitchens.

1960's
I really love the stove hood in this kitchen. The scalloped detail is so sweet.


1970's

I love the dining chairs and light fixture in this kitchen, does that count?
I don't really like this kitchen, but it is so hilarious that it is my favorite. Can you imagine living there?

And lets just say I am glad I don't have to eat supper at this person's house, anyone notice the kitchen table. What stylist thought that would add charm to the space?


1980's
Love the countertops and wall mount faucet in this kitchen.
Now the article stated that this kitchen has the latest in technology that you can even turn the computer monitor so you can read recipes. Amazing!

1990's

I love the light fixtures and fridge in this kitchen



This kitchen looks pretty fun


I love the backsplash in this kitchen also

2008

2009
Of course that kitchen belongs to me, House Beautiful must have lost my phone number because they haven't called about it yet. Pictures to come soon, I hope only the stove hood left!!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Oh I love all those kitchens. :) I think a kitchen definitely shows personality for at LEAST one person in the household :) BTW I love your NEW countertop, it's gorgeous. Ya'll did a fantastic job!



Thanks for your sweet comments!

Jennifer said...

that dead pheasant on the table is hysterical! seriously, who thought that was a good idea?!

you won the candle giveaway on my blog! I'll be e-mailing you soon for mailing info.

btw -- War Eagle!

Poulin Home Design said...

Great post and the kitchen looks lovely. thanks for sharing it.
Kitchen Cabinet Cost
Design A Kitchen Remodel
Bathroom Remodel

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011