Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sale Or Keep?

Several months ago I bought this cute little desk from my favorite booth at Angels Antique Mall.



You see I love junktiques and love to give new life to them. I buy them even when I have no place for them. Whenever I buy furniture with no place to put it, I put my homeless furniture in Angie's garage waiting for the day they will be used. But sometimes she steals my homeless furniture and claims it as her own...ahem my chest of drawers and side table.

When we bought this house I knew I had the perfect spot for my little desk, the breezeway. Problem is the scale of the desk along the breezeway wall is way off. The desk looks tiny.
I was wanting to fix it up before selling it on craigslist, so Sunday I worked hard sanding the wood desk top and painting the base. I put the desk in the guest room to take its picture and it looks great. And get this even Eric thinks we should keep it!!



If any of yall know my husband that is huge. He is always making fun of my junktiques and calling them firewood.

So now we have a problem should we keep the desk or try to sell it?

7 comments:

Hannah Dixon said...

If you just can't decide, it can live at my house for awhile!

The Cosby's said...

I think it matches your floors good too! Can you possibly have time for anything else? You are so crafty.

The Wileys said...

Keep it! If you don't...maybe I'll buy it!

Natalie Roe said...

precious! if you have a place to put it, i say keep it! especially since you put so much work in it. and who knows....one day it would make a great side table to a rocking chair...

Anonymous said...

keep.....
at least you know your junktiques have a good home living with me!

elizabeth said...

so cute. definitely keep it. you have a bigger house with more spots to fill. also, what color did you paint the base? i love it!

vanessa said...

Ok, it is staying for now. I can always sell it one day if I decide to. Liz the color was leftover from our room BM 522

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011