Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Crockpot Salsa Chicken


Today is Cinco de Mayo. In honor of my favorite Mexican American I wore this to work today, my Ugly Betty costume.

I also thought that I would share a super easy recipe for Cinco de Mayo to make for la familia.


Crockpot Salsa Chicken

This is what you will need:


Chicken Breasts - I usually cook 1 chicken breast for each person eating. I also put them in the crockpot frozen so they won't burn


1 packet of Taco Seasoning




1 jar of Salsa

1 can Cream of Chicken or Cream of Mushroom (my el esposo prefers the mushroom)

1 can of drained Black Beans

1 can of drained Corn

1 tub of Sour Cream (we leave this out)



All you do is dump the Chicken, Cream of Chicken, Taco Seasoning, and Salsa in the crockpot.

Cook while you are at work. (I cook it low so it won't scorch and set my house on fire because no meal is worth that, Cinco de Mayo or not.)

About 25 minutes before eating, shred the chicken and add the drained black beans and corn. Let the vegetables warm up. And you are done.


Yummy!

We like to eat ours on tortilla chips, but the Salsa Chicken is also good on a soft tortilla. We also usually top ours with fresh tomato, but I didn't have one.


This recipe makes enough for 4 people to enjoy. It makes plenty for just me & E, and it freezes so well I usually just freeze the leftovers.

Enjoy!

Claire wanted to get in on the fun, here she is eating her burrito


*Just kidding, I didn't wear this to work today. But for 2 years I did go as Ugly Betty for Halloween. Had to play up the braces and the fact that everyone thinks I am 1/2 Mexican, even those these 2 people are my parents


Awwwww

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

you are so entertaining!!! i love it! and, i love cinco de mayo!!

Natalie Roe said...

you are so funny. that is the best costume ever. happy blogging :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Sis, wish I was still that size.
You are so funny.

Diana said...

I dare you to wear it to work tomorrow.

The Wileys said...

That is too much!

vanessa said...

I can't wear it to work tomorrow, I got rid of the costume when we moved, but I do still have the wig. Too bad!

Hannah Dixon said...

That's the perfect costume! why on earth did you get rid of it!?!?

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011