Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Easy Pork Tenderloin

Last night for supper we had one of our new regulars. Just about every week we use this marinade on pork chops or a pork tenderloin. It is quick, simple and uses what ingredients you already have.
One time when I was making the marinade I wasn't paying attention (sort of like the time I wasn't paying attention & cut Eric's hair without a guard on the clippers!) and I accidentally used Balsamic Vinegar instead of Soy Sauce . It turned out really good, so we sometimes use the BV instead of Soy Sauce. OK so last night I decided that I like the Balsamic Vinegar better than the Soy Sauce so from now on it is BV.


This is what you need.........





1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Olive Oil
3 Tbs Honey or Dijon Mustard
2 garlic cloves minced
Dash of pepper
1 2lb pork tenderloin or pork chops

Just mix together in a Ziploc bag, throw your pork in and marinate. I usually marinate our supper when I am home at lunch but it would be fine if you did it before work.



Bake the tenderloin on 350 for about 45 min until the tenderloin's internal temp is 160. (I always line my dish with foil for easy clean up.)


160 and ready to eat



We ate the tenderloin with potato smashers. Just boil some red potatoes until tender about 30 min. Then smash them with a potato smasher. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook 20 min on 350.




smash!

these would probably be good with a little butter and cheese

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mike Colwell said...

This tenderloin recipe is a favorite, and we let it marinate overnight... delicious!!!

 
Design by Deluxe Designs
all rights reserved. 2011